(21 June 1953, Karachi, Dominion of Pakistan- 27 December 2007 Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan) (aged 54)Nationality: PakistanUnique distinction
: The first woman in modern times to head the government of an Islamic state.Gender: Female
Quotes: 1. Democracy needs support, and the best support for democracy comes from other democracies.
2. A people inspired by democracy, human rights and economic opportunity will turn their back decisively against extremism.
3. I find that whenever I am in power, or my father was in power, somehow good things happen. The economy picks up, we have good rains, water comes, people have crops. I think the reason this happens is that we want to give love and we receive love.
4. While living in America when I attended Harvard in the early 1970s, I saw for myself the awesome, almost miraculous, power of a people to change policy through democratic means.
5. To make peace, one must be an uncompromising leader. To make peace, one must also embody compromise.
6. Leadership is a commitment to an idea, to a dream, and to a vision of what can be. And my dream is for my land and my people to cease fighting and allow our children to reach their full potential regardless of sex, status, or belief.Read more...