- Explanatory matrix of theories about Genius
- Attributive theories of Genius
- Structural-functional theories of Genius
- Procedural-dynamic theories of Genius
- Genetics theories of Genius
- Transnormality theories of Genius
- Evolutionary theories of Genius
- Essential theories of Genius
- Worldgenetic theories of Genius
- Universe theories of Genius
- Heroic theory of Genius
- Metapotention theory of Genius
- Universality Theory of Genius
- Congregative theory of Genius
- Universe-and-personalistic theory of Genius
- Substantial – imperative theory of Genius
- Transpersonal theory of Genius
- Visionary theory of Genius
- Creative vision theory of Genius
1. Supremacist Theory of Genius
Supremacist (from lat. supremus – supreme) theory argues that the genius is characterized by a exceptional, extreme and ultimate high level of abilities. In this case, genius is explained by dominance, an extraordinary level of development of one of the qualities or mental personality traits: “exceptional intuition”, “powerful imagination”, “intellectual power”, “passionate sensibility” and “great passion”, “an unusually strong will”, “consummate skill and competence”(J.C. Gowan, J.M. Eisenstadt).
At the same time genius is characterized by the complex of such traits as pronounced ability of fantasy, imagination; exceptional involuntary observation, departure from the template, originality, subjectivity; extensive knowledge, observation, the gift of intuition, premonitions, guessing (B.A. Lezin).
Numerous definitions of genius, which stress the importance of one of the traits and qualities of genius, can be conventionally organized with the help of the “Initial Pentabazis” that reflects the structure of the spirit, creativity, consciousness and mental life.
So such universal pentabasis is a matrix consisting of two interconnected pairs of Prima Entities “Interaction-Whole” and “Possibility-Freedom”, which are combined and mutually-coordinated by the central and ultimate, supreme entity as the Absolute.
Table1. Initial Pentabazis of Prima Entities
|Authors of the paintings: Michael Parkes, Tomasz Setowski,
D.Holeman, R. Olbinski
Table 2. Pentabasis of Cognitive Processes
(primary sings of Genius)
1. Attention. The first sign of genius of the artist or the scientist is an extraordinary ability of attention and perception. “Genius is nothing but continued attention” (Claude A. Helvetius). Genius is nothing but attention (Goethe).
2. Intuition. Genius is an intuition (Ruben Dario).
3. Imagination. “The source of genius is imagination alone” (Eugene Delacroix), Geniuses are an imagination, imaginative creative force (J. Golosovker).
4. Thinking. Genius is an original, productive, problematic, visual and metaphorical thinking (M. Mihalko).
5. Memory. The genius is the experience and memory. Genius is rooted in the excellence and vitality of memories (A. Schopenhauer). Genius is a memory (I. Lapshin).
Composing of combination of the given separate signs is the transition, bridge to the structural-functional theories of genius. “The mental powers … whose union (in a certain relation) constitutes genius, are a imagination and understanding” (Kant). Breadth of mind, power of imagination and activity of the soul – that is called a genius (D. Diderot).