Robert de NiroRobert Anthony De Niro Jr.
(17 August 1943, New York, New York)Nationality: United States of AmericaUnique distinction
: iconic Italian-American film actor, two-time Academy Award-winningGender: Male
Quotes: 1. I am part Italian, I'm not all Italian. I'm part Dutch, I'm part French, I'm part German, I'm part Irish. But my name is Italian and I probably identify more with my Italian side than with my other parts.
2. There is a certain combination of anarchy and discipline in the way I work.
3. You learned the two greatest thing in life, never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut.
4. There's nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself.
5. The talent is in the choices.
6. I think Hollywood has a class system. The actors are like the inmates, but the truth is they're running the asylum.”
7. I don't like to watch my own movies - I fall asleep in my own movies.”
8. I go to Paris, I go to London, I go to Rome, and I always say, 'There's no place like New York. It's the most exciting city in the world now. That's the way it is. That's it.
9. The characters that I play are real. They are real so they have as much right to be portrayed as any other characters.
10. I've never been one of those actors who has touted myself as a fascinating human being. I had to decide early on wether I was to be an actor or a personality.
11. Money makes your life easier. If you're lucky to have it, you're lucky.
12. I only go to Los Angeles when I am paid for it.
13. When you're directing, you think of everything ... The few times I've directed, if someone comes up with something you missed, you're glad to hear that.
14. The mind of a writer can be a truly terrifying thing. Isolated, neurotic, caffeine-addled, crippled by procrastination, consumed by feelings of panic, self-loathing, and soul-crushing inadequacy. And that’s on a good day.
15. Sometimes if you have financial restraints, it’s a benefit. It forces you to come up with a more creative way. Video
Top 10 Robert De Niro Moments