- Parable of Opportunities and Time
- “Maybe” – Parable of Wisdom
- Parable of Heaven and Hell
- Sharpen your saw!
- Dream of a butterfly
- The secret of Art
- Entering a Flow State
- I am building a temple
- Donkey in the well
- Secret of Happiness
- Everything God does is for the good!
- Two apples
- The Two Wolves
- The Burning Hut
- “This is good!”
- The Water Bearer
- A Cup of Tea
- Girl by the river
- Parable about Alexander the Great and Opportunity
- Wonder of Wonders
- Carry your cross. The parable of the uniqueness of fate
- In the same boat
- See the whole picture. Useful parable
- Who Am I? Zen Proverbs
- Be alive! A zen parable
- Happiness is a choice
- Socratic triple filter
- Rejoice always! – a Zen Parable
A simple choice
One man was happy all his life. He smiled and laughed all the time, no one ever saw him sad. On occasion, some people would ask him various questions about it:
– Why are you never sad? How do you always manage to be happy? What is the secret of your happiness?
To which the man would usually answer:
– Once I was as sad as you. And suddenly it hit me: this is my choice, my life! And I make that choice – every day, every hour, every minute. And since then, every time I wake up, I ask myself:
– Well, what will I choose today: sadness or joy? And it always turns out that I choose joy.
“Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy.”
“Happiness and fulfilment are alive in this moment. Allow them to flow freely and creatively through your life.”
Ralph Marston ( 1907-1967), American author and inspirational speaker
Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not.”
Valerie Bertinelli (born April 23, 1960) is an American actress, winner of two Golden Globe Awards.