- Theories of Genius
- Attributive theories of Genius
- Structural-functional theories of Genius
- Procedural-dynamic theories of Genius
- Genetics theories of Genius
- Transnormality theories of Genius
- Evolutionary theories of Genius
- Essential theories of Genius
- Worldgenetic theories of Genius
- Universe theories of Genius
- Heroic theory of Genius
- Metapotentialist theory of Genius
- Universality Theory of Genius
- Congregative theory of Genius
- Universe-and-personalistic theory of Genius
- Substantial – imperative theory of Genius
- Transpersonal theory of Genius
- Visionary theory of Genius
- Creative vision theory of Genius
World-centred Approach to Genius
The world-centred approach reveals the essential criteria of genius proceeding from qualitatively specific laws and features of its manifestation in relatively independent phenomenological worlds in unique, autonomous spheres of reality.
1. Personological (from Lat. Persona – personality, person) theory of genius defines a genius as the top of evolution and the crown of creation, as an original, unique identity, as a self-sufficient personality having an extraordinary development, and a specific combination of integrated components as intelligence, traits, motivation and productivity.
2. Charismatic theory (from the Greek charisma – charity, gift, and grace) states that the essential feature of a genius is his magical gift of influence, spiritual charm, hypnotic power of domination, and the ability to inspire, fascinate and lead people.
3. Shape-forming and transformative theory say that the essence of genius lies in formative power and in a form-creative power of a genius, in his ability to pacify chaos, to create new symbolic systems, artificial languages, art tools and techniques, and also to operate symbols, to shape raw material and transform the available content in a more perfect one.
3.1. The game theory of genius claims that a creative process of a genius is free from any everyday life bonds, a spontaneous and enjoyable game with shapes, symbols and meanings. It is based on a symbolic representation of reality, which opens up the possibility of a special, creative interaction with the world.
4. Activity theory considers the essence of genius from the point of view of a creative product produced by a genius. It focuses on the importance of this product, its amount, and its influence on its contemporaries and successors and on its contribution to the socio-cultural evolution of mankind. According to R. Albert, the author of the behavioural theory, a genius is a man who for a long period of time is doing a huge amount of work having a significant impact on other people for many years.
5. Cultural-creative theory directly links genius and creativity, which is a deep true nature of a genius, the substantial way of his existence and implementation. In its turn, creativity is the very essence of a genius, in which it reaches its highest and perfect level of manifestation.
5.1. The theory of a universal creative method asserts that the essence effective kernel of genius is a holistic, dynamic system of techniques, based on realizing universal pairs of opposites, but mutually complementary mechanisms of creativity, which, in their turn, reflect the deepest structures, laws and trends of existence and development of the world.