- Parable of Opportunities and Time
- “Maybe” – Parable of Wisdom
- Parable of Heaven and Hell
- Sharpen your saw!
- Dream of a butterfly
- The secret of Art
- Entering a Flow State
- I am building a temple
- Donkey in the well
- Secret of Happiness
- Everything God does is for the good!
- Two apples
- The Two Wolves
- The Burning Hut
- “This is good!”
- The Water Bearer
- A Cup of Tea
- Girl by the river
- Parable about Alexander the Great and Opportunity
- Wonder of Wonders
- Carry your cross. The parable of the uniqueness of fate
- In the same boat
- See the whole picture. Useful parable
- Who Am I? Zen Proverbs
- Be alive! A zen parable
- Happiness is a choice
- Socratic triple filter
- Rejoice always! – a Zen Parable
It is enough just to be alive
One morning Master Lin-chi was in the temple. Soon a young man came in and sat nearby with his eyes closed in a frozen pose. This young man was eager to become a disciple and thus thought to impress the Master…
Lin-chi walked over and, tapping him on the head with his knuckles, said:
– Get up and go! There are enough statues in our temple.
The distraught young man turned around on the threshold, and Lin-chi said:
– Be alive! Don’t claim and don’t try too hard!
There’s nothing we need to get that we don’t already have right here, right now.
We already have everything we need, we are already perfect.
It is enough just to be alive.